Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Veggie Stir Fry~

Now, sadly, I don't have any pictures of the recipe I am posting, but I promise the next time I make it, I will post some ;) 

If you've ever met me (or if you know me through Etsy) you know that I LOVE stir fry.  I think it is delicious.  I'd make it every day if I could. 

Here are the ingredients I usually use: (I usually make enough to feed one person for like 4 to 5 meals.  You can suppose, then, that this will easily feed 4-5 people for one meal.)

2 russet potatoes
Broccoli (2 to 3 large heads)
3 carrots (or one package of those matchstick carrots)
Bamboo shoots
Soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
Brown sugar (about 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon red pepper powder
Rice (brown or white - about 3 cups uncooked)


*You can add or subtract veggies based on what you like.

Cook the rice while doing everything else, especially if you are using brown rice.  It will take longer to cook the rice than anything else.

Cut up the veggies and throw them together in a large wok (or large pan if you don't have a wok).  Pour about a 1/2 c. of soy sauce in a bowl.  Mix it with the brown sugar and red pepper powder.  Stir them together and pour them over the veggies.  Cook the veggies until tender, then pour over the rice and Enjoy!


No comments: