Saturday, August 4, 2012

Quotable Quote - Long Live the Faux Fur


"Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself."
—James A. Froude, English historian (1818–1894)

What IS amusing, perhaps - items that honor the animal kingdom whilst making a mockery of sport hunting.  Here, a few (decorative) giggles at the expense of trophy taxidermy:

Technicolor Faux Bear Skin Rug
Hilarious Photo Within a Photo

Faux Antlers - in PINK!  genius.

 (all from Etsy sellers).

3 comments:

seh80 said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. The mockery of taxidermy makes me sick too. I can't FATHOM what goes through the minds of the pregnant women who put up fake deer heads in a baby nursery for example. It's not funny, or cute, or clever at all.

The real thing is worse, but it all leaves me feeling ill.

seh80 said...

BTW, this didn't let me sign in with the right Google account… my name is Sarah, and my blog is at http://squaregoods.me in case you are interested. My google profile is disabled on this account, which is why I'm posting this.

Heather said...

I'm not really fond of the faux stuff either. I saw real stuff here in my town when looking on a real estate site. Just gross. Who needs a bear skin on their wall? I just don't get it.