Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

By Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks

I tried for years (honestly) to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I tried lots of different recipes, and they always came out too crispy and flat. I could never get the consistency of the butter or margarine right; it was either way too soft or too hard.

Then, I found this one on the back of a package of margarine, and Voila! Perfect chocolate chip cookies. The secret? The margarine/butter is melted. Now, I get compliments on my chocolate chip cookies every time I make and share them.

For a variation on my cookies, I tried a cookie pie the last time I baked them after seeing this idea on Pinterest. It’s ridiculously easy: Just make your favorite cookie recipe, press the batter into a pie plate, and bake.


Just thinking about these cookies makes me want to bake.

Cookie Pie

2 1/2c flour
1t baking soda
3/4c butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1 1/2c brown sugar
1 egg
2t vanilla
1c semi-sweet chocolate chips (I often use white and chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie pan.

Combine flour and baking soda and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the margarine and brown sugar. Mix well. Stir in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add the flour ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Press into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Slice into wedges and enjoy!

To make cookies: Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake 9-11 minutes.

2 comments:

FireHorse3 said...

Yum! That looks tasty :)

Blogs said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com