Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa

By Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks

I love macaroni and cheese (my favorite recipe is here), and I’ve recently rediscovered quinoa. I was delighted to come across this recipe for Cheesy Quinoa Mac & Cheese while hanging out at Pinterest one day.

I simplified it a little bit, but I plan to follow the original recipe sometime and add sautéed vegetables. For now, this dish is a family favorite: My son asked for seconds! Great reheated for lunch, too.


Cheesy Quinoa
Adapted from Around the Table: Loving Food in RI and Beyond …
Serves: 8

1 1/2 c quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 c chopped broccoli
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 large eggs
1 c soy milk or dairy milk
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, more for sprinkling

Bread crumbs for topping Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.

Cook the quinoa according to package directions, about 15 minutes. Steam the broccoli (I used frozen) until tender.

Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Fold in the quinoa and broccoli, stirring very well. Pour into prepared pan and top with bread crumbs.

Bake 30-35 minutes until the bread crumbs are browned.