Thursday, May 24, 2012

Marinated Baked Tofu

By Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks


When it’s 5 p.m. and I don’t have a dinner plan, I usually make breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, French toast, and waffles are easy and fast, and my son loves it.

But, if I’ve already done that this week (it happens), this marinated tofu is one of my go-to recipes.

Even better, it’s ridiculously fast and easy, and you already have everything you need in your pantry.


Marinated Baked Tofu
Yield: 4 servings

1 block extra-firm tofu
2T soy sauce
1T sesame oil
1T minced gingerroot*

* I rarely have fresh ginger in the house, so I sprinkle in a little ground ginger.

Cut tofu into eight slices.

In an 8-inch square glass pan, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. Arrange the tofu in the dish, and coat both sides. Allow to marinate for 15-30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake tofu for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.

We’ve also grilled this recipe. Make some extra marinade for basting. Delicious!

I have no idea where this recipe originally came from; I got it from my mother who has been making it for years. My son loves it – he asks for seconds every time.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

That sounds yummy! We love simple baked tofu and I usually try to have it on hand already cooked for quick meals...

~Have a lovely day!

FireHorse3 said...

This looks like my type of recipe - fast, and tasty! Thank you for sharing :)