Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spotlight Seller

Hello all!! It is time for the weekly Spotlight Seller! This fine Sunday we are featuring the talents of Stasya and her awesome The Stitch and Fold!!


Tell us a bit about yourself ? 
I' m Stasya, currently studying Experimental Psychology at the University of Oxford, England U.K..

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I've been officially Vegetarian for the past 5 years. I use some soy products preferentially to dairy products (no butter in my house, and I like soy milk and soy yoghurt) - so perhaps I'm primarily an ovo-vegetarian. Lifestyle-wise, I avoid the use of products which result in the death of an animal, e.g. leather and silk.

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I first opened shop as glycosidic in November 2010. In July 2011, I decided that glycosidic was a bit of an arbitrary name for a shop selling origami and crochet, so moved over to my current location at thestitchandfold.etsy.com/ . This was a few months before Etsy allowed name changes - sigh.

Crocheted Whale Amigurumi
What do you sell on Etsy?
I enjoy making origami flowers, miniatures, greeting cards embellished with origami as well as amigurumi (crocheted stuffed animals) and other cute crochet items. I am looking to branch off into doing a bit of simple embroidery too, in the near future.

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I enjoy gardening (especially gowing flowers and veg) as well as snail mailing.

Miniature Deer Origami

Where do you get your inspiration?
I am very much inspired by nature (hence the profusion of flowers and animals in my shop) as well as by cuteness :-)

Favorite veggie meal?
I'm quite easy - but off the top of my mind, pizza, pasta and Asian noodles are my favourites! I also love broccoli!

Where else can we find you?
My facebook is at www.facebook.com/glycosidic/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/stitchandfold
Personal blog: glycosidic.wordpress.com/


Thanks for being part of the team Stasya!! Make sure to stop by her shop The Stitch and Fold and check out her creativity in action!!


*Hey EtsyVeg-gies!! If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!*  

2 comments:

glycosidic said...

Thanks so much for the feature!

Heather said...

Ooooh so happy to see you featured, Stasya! One of my very very fav shops here on etsy is yours! We love all our animal cuties!