Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spotlight Seller

Happy Easter everyone and welcome back to the Spotlight Seller!! This week features another new member  to our awesome team, Carmen of Pipsqueek Gourmet!!


Tell us a bit about yourself ? 
I'm Carmen, a new member of the EtsyVeg team. For over 30 years I have practiced yoga, meditation and vegetarianism. I've traveled and lived in different countries for extended periods of time and presently maintain residency both in the United States and in Italy. During my stay in different countries, I have owned and operated small food business in Asia and the United States; owned and ran a company in the Philippines which manufactured and exported high end handmade paper products; and owned a self sufficient organic farm in Italy. It has been a rewarding life journey from which I have learned many different skills which I now bring to my Etsy shops. 

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long? 
I have been a vegetarian for over 30 years...actually almost vegan. I just can't give up cheese especially when I'm in iTaly!

When did you open your shop on Etsy? 
Pipsqueek Gourmet was opened on February 1, 2012
and Pipsqueek Creations was opened on January 15, 2012. 

Sugo Alla Marinara Sauce
What do you sell on Etsy? 
I sell homemade, vegetarian/vegan Italian sauces and other specialty food products at Pipsqueek Gourmet.
I also love crafting with paper, so you'll find my upcycled paper baskets and paper jewelry at Pipsqueek Creations. 

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do? 
I enjoy working on my vegetable garden and practicing my classical guitar. Once or twice a week, I also volunteer at our local hospital.  

Pasta Sauce Sample 3 16oz Jars
Where do you get your inspiration? 
My inspiration for my products come from my travel experiences and over 30 years of personal exploration. 

Favorite veggie meal? 
I enjoy cooking and always prefer a healthy, home cooked meal. But once in a while I do enjoy eating at a good Indian or middle eastern restaurant. I love curried vegetables, dhal, biryani, couscous and other spicy dishes. But I also enjoy a simple Filipino plate of brown rice with mung beans or veggies cooked in coconut milk. And of course, I love Italian food!

Where else can we find you? 
I'm not really a fan of social networks, so for now, you'll find me at my 2 Etsy shops. 
www.etsy.com/shop/pipsqueekgourmet 
www.etsy.com/shop/pipsqueekcreations


Mmmm...they look delicious! Thanks for being part of the team Carmen!! Make sure to stop by Pipsqueek Gourmet to check out all of Carmen's items!! Oh and stop by Pipsqueek Creations while your at it!!


*If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!* 

No comments: