Thursday, April 5, 2012

Flourless Truffle Cookies


Last week, I wanted to make cookies to bring to our weekly playdate, but I was out of some of the things I need for my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (a crime!). I turned to these quick yummies instead. You only need about five minutes to mix this cookie recipe. Then you can sit back and let the oven do the rest. Dress them up with different-colored chips or M&Ms for a festive spring treat!


Flourless Truffle Cookies
1c peanut butter
1c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1t baking soda
1/2c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips until well blended. Add chocolate chips.

Drop by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Yield: Original recipe says 4 ½ dozen, but I’m pretty generous with my “slightly rounded teaspoonfuls,” so I usually get around 3 dozen.

No comments: