Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spotlight Seller

This week on the Spotlight Seller the lovely and talented Kristy of And Live! You might recognize Kristy's soap, but let's see what else she has been up to!


Tell us a bit about yourself? 
I'm Kristy, a stay at home mom from New Jersey.  I hope to one day have a small self sustaining homestead with a house that we've built with our own hands.  Until then, we reuse, recycle and upcycle as often as we can in our suburban community. 

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I was vegan for 16 years until I had my daughter.  I'm now vegetarian (still mostly vegan) while breastfeeding.

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened up shop November 5th of 2010 as Sinister Soaps.  I've since changed my name to And Live and expanded on what I offer. 


Soap Of The Month Club
Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I sell a variety or things now!   From handmade soaps to felt accessories for body and home.  I have been leaning more toward crafting with eco-friendly recycled felt lately since it's something I can do any time of the day with the kids around.  I make felt flower hair accessories as well as rings and jewelry and have begun working on some home decor.  I'm excited about the transition.

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
When I'm not working on items for the shop, I'm being a mom.  Doing laundry, changing diapers, making meals, food shopping and couponing.  I've recently started  maximizing our savings to make our income go further.  It's a great reward to spend less on healthy foods for my family.

Adjustable Hand Sewn Eco Felt Ring
Where do you get your inspiration?
I draw my inspiration for soaps from many things.  It started out with the seven deadly sins, but went on to songs, drinks, foods.  For my crafting, nature is a huge inspiration.  Most of my felt items are flowers, so that's obvious, but my daughter is part of the inspiration as well.  I imagine what would look cute on her and start at it.  

What's your favorite veggie meal?
I love country fried seitan with mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts and green beans.  Or any vegetable, really.  That's just what's most popular with everyone. 

Where else can we find you?
I'm active on Facebook, mostly, but I also have a Twitter and blog


The new shop looks great! Check it out at  And Live! Thanks for being part of the team Kristy!!

*If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!*  

4 comments:

Bunny's Baked Goods said...

I LOVE your little cabin soaps!!! Need to get over to etsy and buy some!! :)

FireHorse3 said...

Beautiful soaps - love the buddah one ;o)

SilentLotus Creations said...

<3 :)

Blogger said...

There's an incredible new opportunity that is growing in popularity online.

Large companies are paying people for sharing their opinions!

You can earn up to $75 per survey!

This is available to anybody in the world!