Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spaghetti Pie

By Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks

I love this spaghetti pie recipe, and when my son told me he wanted “spaghetti pizza,” it was the first thing I thought of. I mean, the spaghetti is kind of like a crust in this ... right?

 It’s super easy and fast and uses ingredients you likely already have. Pair it with a tossed salad, some crusty bread, and perhaps a glass of wine, and you have dinner done in no time. Plus, it reheats really well for lunches and leftovers. The recipe comes from my mom. My son loves it, even though he still wants spaghetti pizza.


Spaghetti Pie

1 lb spaghetti
2T butter
1 egg
1/3c grated parmesan cheese
½ jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
8 oz. cottage cheese

Shredded mozzarella cheese Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and mix with the butter, egg and parmesan cheese. Place pasta in a greased pie pan. Spread the cottage cheese on top and then the sauce.

I like to cover as much as the top of the pasta as possible with sauce; otherwise, the pasta gets too crunchy. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Top with shredded cheese (I use at least a cup; I like it cheesy), and bake five minutes more.

No comments: