Thursday, March 1, 2012

Easy Scones with Nearly Clotted Cream

Weekday breakfasts at our house are sometimes rushed affairs as my son and I head out to playdates and errands or start our day playing Legos and cars. On weekends, though, I like to spend a little more time on breakfast. These easy scones are one of my favorite recipes, and they're divine paired with jam and the nearly clotted cream!


Scones and Nearly Clotted Cream

Scones

Mix together
2c flour
3t baking powder
1/2t salt
2T sugar

Cut in
1/4c softened butter

Mix in
3/4c milk (soy milk OK)
1 beaten egg

Roll to a 1-inch thick circle. Transfer to baking sheet and cut into 6-8 wedges but don’t separate. (I've cut them into as many as 16 pieces when I need more to share.) Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

Nearly Clotted Cream

Combine
1c sour cream
1t brown sugar
1t vanilla

Serve over warm scones with jam. Delicious!

1 comment:

FireHorse3 said...

Oh, those look yummy! :)