Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spotlight Seller

Welcome back to the EtsyVeg Spotlight Seller! This week we are turning our eyes on Jen of Arthur's Plaid Pants!!


Tell us a bit about yourself? 
My name is Jen. I currently reside in Chicago, IL but my hometown is Detroit, MI. 
I share my life with my awesome, tall, orange bearded husband Andy and our 2 rescue pit bulls Rocky & Rilo.

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I'm vegan. I've been vegan for 7 years and I was vegetarian for 9 years prior to that.

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened my shop in March 11' but wasn't actively selling until around October 11'





Hipstamatic Photo "Austin Motel"

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I make custom prints. The main prints I sell are based on long distance love and relationships. I came up with the idea when I made them for my own wedding in Sept. 11'. I made a print based on my hometown and my husbands hometown and used our state's nicknames. I was really happy how they turned out and I had people requesting them immediately so I thought hmm...maybe I should start selling these. 

I also LOVE vintage clothing. My husband and I go on vintage hunting trips and we have begun selling our awesome finds in the shop.

I also sell some hipstamatic photos. We travel a lot and I like to take photos of our adventures :)

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I own a small graphic design company JIH Designs Inc. jihdesigns.com/
We opened in 2008 but I've been a graphic designer for over a decade. I also work part time as a florist. I'm pretty lucky that I'm able to be creative at all 3 of my "jobs".


Two Custom State Nicknames Print

Where do you get your inspiration?
All around me. I look at everything as an idea: nature, urban environments, people, etc..
during our travels I've been able to see so many neat things that I've stored in my "creative bank". I have an ongoing list I keep in my phone and whenever I get an idea it gets immediately added to the "to make" list.

What's your favorite veggie meal?
The Chicago Diner's vegan chocolate peanut butter shake and Dagwood sandwich....To. Die. For.

Where else can we find you? 
Strolling through the city of Chicago with the hounds and husband. My favorite areas: concerts at the Vic, Metro, Schuba's, Wrigley Field watching a Cubs game, shopping for vintage clothing or planning our next adventure. 




Awesome Jen!! Thanks for being part of the team! Make sure to check out the great vintage clothing and the rest of Jen's delightful designs at Arthur's Plaid Pants!!


*If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!* 

4 comments:

Lucy - LuniqueUK said...

What is in a dagwood sandwich?! That two states print is so lovely!! :-D

KCandtheSunshineKids said...

Awesome!!! I love these prints!

FireHorse3 said...

Hi Jen! Great interview and wonderful photos. I wondered what the dagwood sandwich is, too :o)

Arthur's Plaid Pants said...

Hi guys! The dagwood is a vegan sandwich at the Chicago diner. Roasted & corned “beef” seitan, “bacon” & cheeze, with lettuce, tomato, onion, pepperoncini & spicy sauce on a toasted hoagie=100% vegan. It's delicious!