Thursday, February 16, 2012

Garlic and Rosemary Tofu

I have a four-year-old son, and he loves tofu. He’s also excited that we’ve got herbs growing in our front yard and asks often to pick them and cook with them.

So, I was excited to come across this tofu recipe while browsing Pinterest and Vegan Food Addict. We picked some rosemary and got cooking! This was a great recipe to make with my son because he could help me start the marinade and stir the tofu as it soaked. I made one change to the recipe: After it baked, I sautéed the tofu to get the outsides crispy. That’s how my husband likes his tofu.


Garlic and Rosemary Tofu
From Vegan Food Addict
1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
¾-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Pinch pepper

Drain tofu and wrap in a towel. Set under something heavy – I used a plate with a can on top – for 15 minutes or so to remove as much water from the tofu as you can.
Slice the tofu into ¾-inch cubes and place in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir, and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.


Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly grease a small pan. Spread the tofu in the pan in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Add pepper to taste.

For extra crispiness, sauté the tofu until the outsides are golden brown and crispy.

5 comments:

Anna Graham Shonle said...

This looks really good. My son is 3 and also really loves tofu. :)

affectioknit said...

YUM!

Have a lovely day!

barbaraK said...

I love tofu! Try visiting gourmandia.com, just sharing this site for great recipes that i have found.

SilentLotus Creations said...

looks just delish!

Jenn Sibiga said...

Just made this for the first time this evening and it was seriously delicious!! I didn't have fresh rosemary, so I used 1tsp of dried rosemary and it worked well. I have tried so many tofu recipes and this has easily become my favorite. Lots of flavor, and very little prep work. Thanks for sharing!!