Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Cori of PeaceBabyBatiks! Let's get to know our new member more!


Tell us a bit about yourself?My name is Cori, and I live in Maryland, just south of DC. I'm a stay-at-home mom to my four-year old son. Most of the time, he and I play cars, pretend we're in space, or enjoy the sandbox and our local parks. I do most of my crafting when he's asleep or otherwise occupied. I'm lucky that my husband is supportive of my Etsy ventures, from watching our son while I do craft shows to building things for me to coming up with clever designs. Before becoming a mom, I worked in online journalism.

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I've been a vegetarian almost 18 years, with a year in there of being vegan. We're also raising our son vegetarian. He loves tofu. :)

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened Peace, Baby! Batiks in November 2009.

Batik Baby Bodysuit

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I make batik infant and children's clothing. I also have a few items for bigger kids and adults, but I really love to create cute things for little ones the most. I love batik because the wax cracks differently every time, and the dye never takes the same way twice. It's fun to make and find cute designs and using the brightest colors I can find. When I can, I buy and dye quality secondhand bodysuits and other garments. One of my goals for 2012 is to start offering American-made T-shirts.

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I enjoy hanging out with my son and husband, of course, and I also love cooking, movies, reading, politics, scrapbooking, and baseball. 


Batik Kid's T-Shirt

Where do you get your inspiration?
I find inspiration all over the place. My son and husband are always giving me ideas, and I often see design ideas as I shop or hang out at the playground. I've gotten ideas from TV or from places my son and I visit. Customers are also a great source of inspiration -- it's fun to do something unique and custom for someone. Some of their ideas have made it into my regular design rotation.

What's your favorite veggie meal?
Anything Indian, but especially vegetable korma, rice, naan, and samosas.

Where else can we find you?
Etsy: peacebabybatiks.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/peacebabybatiks
Twitter: twitter.com/#!/peacebabybatiks
Pinterest: pinterest.com/peacebaby/ 


Thanks for being part of the team!! Make sure to check out all of her colorful creations at  PeaceBabyBatiks!! Also, keep an eye out for Cori on this very blog, posting about kid's crafts and recipes!!

*If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!* 

1 comment:

FireHorse3 said...

Beautiful clothing and such a great shop name - wonderful! :)