Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spotlight Seller

Welcome back to the EtsyVeg Spotlight Seller! This week features Super Sock of Polyester10!!



Tell us a bit about yourself...
Name: Socks :) Location, bay area, California. I'm a fan or originality. I believe in Karma, and I'm thankful to be a part of a team who cares so deeply for animal welfare. I have loved animals since I can remember, and spent years planning to be a vet...all of this came to an abrupt change after volunteering for years in a wildlife shelter. I felt tremendous loss when animals couldn't be saved--and focused my education towards research...I have a huge respect for all the animal kingdom, especially after using the smallest fruit fly as a neurological platform to help humans. After years of research (invertebrates to small vertebrates), I couldn't harm even a fly. I hope one day humans will all appreciate the beautiful details of each organism, and how truly similar we all are to one another. I became vegetarian without even glancing back after being a researcher. I believe in science and progress, but I also believe in animal rights and will always promote their well-being and humane treatment from shelters to homes. I would like to maintain a household of rescued animals. Who knows, maybe one day I will open a no-kill clinic for unwanted pets and strays :)

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I have been Vegetarian for 11 years.

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
Feb 7 2011 
Send in the Sumo A-Team Wallet

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
Anything that will make perpetual kids like me, feel bright and happy.
I recycle comics and upgrade former toys into flash drives so the superheroes can be put to daily use. I also make one-of-a-kind, functional sculptures and art pieces, like hand made suitcases from recycled bike parts and wooden frames, and robot speakers inspired by transformers that can be aesthetically and functionally very appealing. I use anything from metal, plastic, wood, and acrylics to create functional art.

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I'm a fan of coffee and cookies at any hour of the day. I'm usually cleaning the mess of one of my pets, only to find a fresh new one... :)


1960's 16GB Batmobile Flashdrive

Where do you get your inspiration? 
Eighties cartoons and comics. Why should we stop believing in aiming to have superpowers to do super good for the world?

What's your favorite veggie meal?
COOKIES!!! 
aren't cookies a meal?

Where else can we find you? 
You will find me holding piles of cookies in the snack aisles with a shameless grin. 



Thanks Socks you are a real super hero!! Make sure to tune into Polyester10!  

*If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!*  

1 comment:

FireHorse3 said...

Great shop - such fun items!