Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spotlight Seller

This week's Spotlight Seller is new to the EtsyVeg Team! Let's welcome Maria of RootWisdom!


RootWisdom
Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Maria and I live in central Connecticut. I am a musician, artist, gardener, healer, herbalist, teacher, student, sister, daughter, and friend. I am very much involved with animal rescue and I have been volunteering at a wonderful cat rescue located in Middletown,CT called CATALES, Inc. (www.catales.org) for the past 7 years. I am also a happy mama to 6 rescue cats and 2 African water frogs.

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I have been vegan for the past 8 1/2 years and I was vegetarian for about 2 years before that. 

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
About 4 months ago!

Koala Crochet Hat
Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
So far I sell Organic soaps, Coconut Wax candles, and Crochet Animal hats. I am in the process of adding many more crochet items as well as a lot of herbal related items such as flower essences, tinctures, dream pillows, etc. As well as some of my fine art work. 

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I play guitar in a band and I play the piano. I love to ride my bike. I also love to garden, read, forage for wild edible and medicinal plants, cook, bake, and hang out with my feline pals.

Coconut Wax Large Votive
Where do you get your inspiration?
I strive to live my life in harmony with nature according to our Great Earth Mother. She guides and inspires me in all that I do!

What's your favorite veggie meal?
I have way too many favorites but my current new favorite meal that I just concocted is a soy free, vegan omelet! SOOO GOOD!! :)

Where else can we find you?
Some of my items are located at an awesome clothing and art boutique located in Torrington, CT called Brazen Betties. www.BrazenBetties.com




Welcome to the team! We can't wait to see Maria's shop grow and prosper!!! Don't forget to check in at RootWisdom to see the rest of Maria's creations!


*If you want to be featured in an upcoming Spotlight Seller please convo BunnysBakedGoods on etsy for more information!* 

2 comments:

Social Networking said...

Do you have a recipe for that soy free vegan omelet? ;)

Hope said...

I love your hats! And I would like a recipe for your soy free vegan omelet too:)