Sunday, December 11, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Jennifer of Gilding Lilies! Let's find out more about our EtsyVeg Teammate!!




Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Jennifer Lorton aka Gilding Lilies. I live in Northern California right on the coast. It's a really quaint area. It has been used as a location for many movies, TV shows, etc. because it's just so darn cute. I really love living here. I live, with a few animal companions, in a rustic cabin surrounded by redwood trees. My daughter Nichole (21 years old) lives in the cabin next door. There is a third cabin on the property that serves as my art studio and packaging headquarters. It's a perfect arrangement. 

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I've been a vegetarian since I was 12 (I'll soon be 50), and a couple years ago I made the shift to being vegan. It has been an interesting adventure switching to a vegan diet, I felt like I had to learn to cook all over again, but I've really enjoyed the process. I like to share my food successes on my blog where I often feature a Meatless Monday post. 

When did you open your shop on Etsy?I've had my Etsy store for almost a year now. 


The Collection Number XII Signed Fine Art Photograph

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I'm a mixed media artist, graphic artist, and photographer. My shop has my original artwork, photographic prints, my greeting cards, etc. Etsy has been a nice way for me to get my work out there, in the world, to be seen by lots of people.

When you are not working on your shop...what do you do?
When I'm not working on my shop I like to enjoy doing all the activities that the coast has to offer. I love taking my camera out and photographing the local area. I also love to travel and see new things.

Your Enlightenment Photo is stunning! Where do you get your inspiration?
Thank you, I'm so glad you like my Enlightenment photo. Sometimes the beauty of nature can just take your breath away, and that photo is a perfect example. I feel blessed to be able to capture and enjoy those sorts of moments. 


Enlightenment Signed Fine Art Photograph

What's your favorite veggie meal?
Hmm, my favorite veggie meal? It's hard for me to pick a favorite meal, that I cook, I love to try new things. My favorite veggie restaurants are the Chicago Diner, Millennium (in San Francisco), and locally The Ravens (in Mendocino CA).

Where else can we find you?
My work can also be seen in galleries across the country, in print through Bentley Publishing, and on my blog ( gildingliliesjourney.blogspot.com ).


Thank you Jennifer for being part of team! I must say I am a little jealous, a log cabin has always been my dream home!! Make sure to check out Jennifer's wonderful work at Gilding Lilies!

1 comment:

FireHorse3 said...

Lovely to 'meet' you. Wonderful artwork. I particularly love the beautiful frosty flower photo - simply stunning :)