Sunday, December 4, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Alanna of PaperDame! Let's find out more about our EtsyVeg Teammate and wish her a Happy Etsy Anniversary!!


Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Alanna Lowe and I was born and raised in southern Orange County, California. I currently live in Dana Point. I love all things vintage, collect books and have a sidekick named Dottie (miniature Dachshund). 

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I am vegetarian but choose to eat alot of vegan cuisine. I grew up in a household that went through phases of not eating meat and decided about 4 years ago to become a committed vegetarian.

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened my shop on Etsy in December 2010. 


Hand Sewn Holiday Card

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I sell upcycled pendant lamps that are made out of vintage books that I have collected. Each page is hand folded to create a unique shape out of each book and the cords are hand wrapped with natural fibers. (Also, with perfect timing for the holidays handmade holiday cards!!)

When you are not working on your shop...what do you do?
When I'm not working on my Etsy shop, I work as a sales rep for a vintage furniture rental company. I work with clients to design their event and select vintage pieces (couches, chandeliers, bicycles, etc.) to enhance their theme. It's lots of fun!


Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration for my Book Lamps from the books themselves. All of my lamps have a theme, meaning that the books being used for each lamp are all a specific genre (children's books or love stories or adventure stories - get the idea?). I also do custom orders, in which case, my inspiration comes from the client - their favorite book, which room they want to put it in, etc.


Upcycled Books Pendant Light

What's your favorite veggie meal?
My favorite veggie meal would have to be Pad Thai from Wheel of Life - a Vegan Thai restaurant in Irvine, CA. 

Where else can we find you?
Aside from Etsy, I can be found at local art shows. Patchwork - Indie Arts and Crafts Festival is one of my favorites. I am also going to be featured at a boutique in Long Beach called Twig & Willow.


Thank you Alanna for being part of team! Make sure to check out all of her beautiful and illuminating works at PaperDame!



1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

that is a very cool lamp!!!