Sunday, November 27, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Khristan of Gypsy Lamb!! Let's check out our talented teammate!




Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Khristan "Gypsy" Lamb, and I currently live in beautiful Southern Oregon. My family consists of me, my wonderful husband, our two cats, Snaggle and Hugo, and our Aussie puppy, Naguine.

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I've been vegan for over eight years. Deciding to go vegan was by far one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel more at peace, I am healthier, and I'm more connected to doing my part for animals and the environment.

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened my Etsy shop in March of this year (2011). I have to admit I'm a little OCD about working on improving it!

Blue Bohemian Necklace and Crystal Gypsy Love

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I sell handmade beaded jewelry and accessories in my shop; I also sell my surplus supplies of gems and beads. I learned how to design and create jewelry years ago when I worked at a bead shop, and I love making beautiful things.
When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
When I'm not working on my shop, I am taking care of my family, running with my dog, practicing the violin, reading novels, vending at fairs, hopefully selling my jewelry to local boutiques, helping my husband with his business and thinking about what else I could create to sell in my shop! 

Your Recycled Fabric Earrings are amazing! Where do you get your inspiration?
I have to admit that the idea for the fabric earrings was inspired by a friend of mine. We were talking about the current big earring trend and how most of those earrings are made with feathers. She thought it might work to use fabric to sort of imitate the big-feather-earring-look and voila! I fell in love with the first pair I made and received a lot of positive feedback. Like my ribbon festival earrings and hair clips, the recycled fabric earrings are an animal-friendly way for bohemian gals to accessorize.

Bohemian Fabric Earrings

What's your favorite veggie meal?
My favorite veggie meal would have to be homemade pizza with kale, onion, olives, mushrooms, garlic and basil, covered with a healthy amount of nutritional yeast. Sometimes I add seasoned tofu and vegan cheese, but it's just as delicious without. (Tofu tip: put your packaged firm tofu in the freezer until the day you'd like to use it; let it thaw out before adding to recipe. It has a really nice texture and flavor.)

Where else can we find you?
I have a Facebook page--GypsyLamb Jewelry--and a blog at gypsylambjewelry.blogspot.com/. I have to admit, however, that I'm not very good about updating my blog! The best way to find me is on Etsy.


Thanks Gypsy for being part of the team!! Make sure to check out her shop on Etsy at Gypsy Lamb!

2 comments:

GypsyLamb said...

Thank you so much for the feature~ It looks great! I hope everyone can stop by my shop and browse a bit~ I've got a happy holiday sale happening now through the end of the year. Wishing all a joyful and peaceful holiday season :)

Maggie said...

It's great to get to know more about you Krishtan!