Sunday, November 20, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Aletha of Radical Fringe. Want to get to know our teamie better? I know you do!!!


Tell us a bit about yourself? 
I live in metro Detroit, originally from the east coast. I recently got married on the shore of Lake Michigan to my vegan artist hubby. We are both graphic designers!

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
Vegan now - have been some kind of plant-based eater for about 8 years

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
2007

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I sell all kinds of crocheted original items. It's still pretty much a hobby for me as I'm continually experimenting. My main interest is in freeform & art crochet. Of course, all my fibers are plant based or synthetic - no wool or silk.



Crochet Flower Necklace
When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
a lot! LOL I work at a print shop, I will be teaching crochet & knit in the winter, and pretty much being a domestic diva (cooking, cleaning and sewing, no joke!) and playing with my two adorable rescue kitties.

Your Cat Hats are so cute! Where do you get your inspiration?
It really was just a whim - one of my boy cats needed emergency urinary surgery and we had to take out a credit card just to pay for it; he is a really sweet docile cat and didn't mind us putting hats on him etc. So I started making fun kitty hats to help raise money to pay for his surgery. So far they have been the most popular item in my shop! I like coming up with new ideas for them. So far I've only sold monster horns, mohawks, and a mad hatter hat; I have an experimental unicorn hat. I love doing custom orders and making someone's idea come to life - so if you have an idea for a unique kitty hat (Halloween is coming up!!) then shoot me a convo! 

Cat Hat Black & White Mohawk
What's your favorite veggie meal?
This is tough. Ever since daiya cheese came out I'm a big fan of veggie pizza & nachos; I'll always be a tofu scramble & homefries girl though.

Where else can we find you?
Some weekends I have a booth at The Rust Belt Market in Ferndale, MI. Other than that I stick to etsy. 


Thank you so much Aletha for being part of the team! Check out all of her freeform crochet at Radical Fringe!

1 comment:

Heather of the blue windmill said...

Lovely necklace!

What an adorable kitty!!
I wish my cat would wear that mohawk!