Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Cameron of Eat Your VegTees. Let's all get to know our fun EtsyVeg Teammate!!!


Tell us a bit about yourself ? 
Hi! I'm Cameron and I live in Los Angeles with my boyfriend and our two tiny mutts, Jack and Ruben. 

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?

I have been vegan for about 2 years, and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Really there is nothing that doesn't appeal to me about a vegan lifestyle; I feel better physically, emotionally and finally feel as though I am living in line with my true values. 

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened Eat Your VegTees 8 months ago, but only recently started stocking it with items. It took me awhile to get everything underway, but now I am adding new products at least once a week!

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?

The tagline of my shop is "vegan inspired clothing and accessories" and what that means to me is products that promote kindness to animals, a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle, and a desire to lead people to a plant-based diet. I sell pins, t-shirts for kids and adults, and tote bags. Soon I hope to add pillows and wall prints! 



Eat Kale Daily Reversible Tote Bag

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
To make a living, I work full time as a videographer and video editor. Video is another passion of mine, because if a picture is worth a thousand words, video must be worth a billion! Video is such an amazing medium to expose people to new ideas and spread awareness, and that is why I love it.

Currently, I am also working part-time to co-coordinate Farm Sanctuary's Los Angeles Walk for Farm Animals (www.walkforfarmanimals.org). I love Farm Sanctuary and sponsor the care of a pig (Ms. Blossom) that lives at the Orland farm.

Aside from work, I can be found around Los Angeles dining at veg restaurants, hiking the Bat Caves with my dogs, or crocheting at home on my comfy sofa with some hot green tea. 

The I Love You More Than Almond Milk Button is a personal favorite of mine! Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration from experiences in my life, especially from my interactions with other people who hear I'm vegan and think that means I'm an alien from outer space. My aunt once got really upset with me and said "What's so wrong with eating an egg?!" I dealt with that experience by explaining my thoughts on the issue, but when I re-told the story to my boyfriend I just said "I don't eat chicken periods. period." Ha! and a button was born! 

But more than that, it's about creating a conversation with people and encouraging them to ask questions about the reasons behind vegetarianism/veganism. If we can create a dialogue with people through wearing a funny pin or tote bag, that is a gateway to ending a lot of animal suffering and encouraging people to be aware of how their actions affect other living beings. To me it is also about creating a sense of community between vegetarian people, because that support system is what can help people from feeling overwhelmed by the immensity of animal suffering, human dis-ease and environmental wreckage. Wear a pin or t-shirt that promotes a veg lifestyle and be proud of the compassionate person that you are! 



I Love You More Than Almond Milk Pinback Button

What's your favorite veggie meal?
My favorite meal is Greens and Beans from an Isa Chandra Moskowitz cookbook. It is so simple, yet so awesome. Something about black eyed peas and collard greens (add hot sauce of course) is so comforting to me! Maybe because I like meals I can eat from a bowl, and that take under 15 minutes to prepare.

I also love Native Foods, Veggie Grill, and Hugo's Tacos in Atwater Village.

Where else can we find you?
Hopefully in the future you can find me at craft shows around LA! I am still in the infancy stages of my shop, but hope to make my mark outside of Etsy as well someday. Until then, you will find me at the Los Angeles Walk for Farm Animals or at a vegan restaurant near you!

Also, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/eatyourvegtees


Thank you Cameron for being part of the team and spreading the veggie word with your awesome (and funny) works! Make sure to check out all her goods at Eat Your VegTees!!

5 comments:

JFIllustrations said...

Lovely getting to know you better! I love your bags. I also rate love by my love of almond milk, haha ;P

GiGi said...

Great interview and I go to two those restaurants when I'm in LA! Great store, Cameron. hey got a button that says, I love you more than almond butter?

EatYourVegTees said...

Thanks! Great pin idea Gigi, I will custom make for you anytime! :)

ShabbyNChic said...

Great stuff in your shop. I hearted it as soon as I found it. Keep up the great work!

Heather of the blue windmill said...

Fabulous!
Thanks for sharing!