Sunday, November 6, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week our Spotlight Seller is Tashay of Tashay Designs. She comes to us all the way from Taiwan so let's get to know her! 



Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Tashay and I currently live in Taiwan where vegetarian and vegan restaurants are plentiful. They even have a vegan banner outside some of the restaurants which is really helpful. I'm originally from the North/South Carolina area back in the States which I miss very much but am enjoying my current adventure. My husband and I hiked to a hot spring that ran straight into the river right by a waterfall...how cool is that?

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I've been a vegetarian (cheese is my downfall) for around 21 years now. I still have trouble explaining to people why....I just think eating animals is gross. I'm a very laid back veggie, meaning people forget I'm a veggie because I don't make a big deal about it and I feed them yummy veggie food any chance I get (I lean towards vegan when I cook).

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I've been an Etsy member since October of last year and have learned so much since then and I've meet some really great people. I think that Etsy is a great way to learn about business (the good, the bad, the exciting, the boring).


Grits The Way I Like 'Em Pendant
Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I sell jewelry here at this shop (my other shop is ADHDinspirations) that I make all by myself. My latest addition is my new foodstuffs line which I've dreamed about for years and am just getting started. I'm also teaching myself metalsmithing at home on my own. That has been a real exciting experience and I can't wait to learn more. I'm also learning about environmentally friendly ways to work with metals which has made me much more at ease about starting out in this area of jewelry making.

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
When I'm not working on my shop I am a housewife and have just begun tutoring some of the children at my husbands school. It's like going to school all over again...haha. My husband and I also spend our weekends exploring Taiwan by heading for the mountains for hiking, swimming at the beaches, soaking at the hot springs, walking the city streets or checking out various festivals.....there's just so much to see and do. I'm also going to be in an Expat Open Air Art Market in Taipei at the end of this month (October).
www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118875508202516


Your Lotus Moon Earrings are beautiful! Where do you get your inspiration?
My Lotus Moon earrings were inspired by Taiwan. The Moon Festival (and just the full moon in general) is very big here and so are the Lotus Ponds near our house. I decided to bring them together in my Lotus Moon earrings. I also use tea leaves from the Alishan Mountains nearby in my foodstuffs line and I'm sure I'll find some other inspirations. If you check out my blog, you'll be able to look at photographs I've taken that are labeled Inspiration.


Lotus Moon Earrings
What's your favorite veggie meal?
My favorite veggie meal is tough....pizza & salad (those two have always been my favorites since I was little). But I also love Indian food, Thai food and the Chinese food here in Taiwan (there's a section in my blog with food photos in the Inspiration label too).

Where else can we find you?
All the places you can find me:

*Tashay Designs - Etsy shop
www.etsy.com/shop/TashayDesigns?ref=pr_shop_more

*ADHDinspirations - Etsy shop
www.etsy.com/shop/ADHDinspirations?ref=pr_shop_more

*Tashay Designs / ADHDinspirations Blog:
tashaydesigns.blogspot.com/

*Tashay Designs / ADHDinspirations Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/pages/Tashay-DesignsADHDinspirations/119696984758260


Thank you so much for being part of the team!! Check out all of Tashay's beautiful work at Tashay Designs (and all of her other work above)!

No comments: