Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week Jenn of A Girl and Her Dog Shop is our Spotlight Seller! Let's learn about our wonderful team mate...



Tell us a bit about yourself ? 
I am Jenn and Casey is the boss, my Boston Terrier fur baby. The shop is really hers. 
We live in NYC on the weekdays and spend our weekends in Putnam, NY. Casey is not a fan of the city! When she finally gets her way, I will move out of the city at some point all together. Soon, someday, hopefully. We'll see.


Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I was vegetarian for over 20 years, now Vegan for almost 2! 


When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I started selling on JennLeeBunker about 2+ years ago, after mostly shopping on Etsy! Then I opened A Girl and Her Dog Shop over a year ago. 




Custom A Girl and Her Dog (or Kitty) Silhouette Scarf

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy?
I sell Pet Lover items. Screen printed silhouettes of dogs and cats and their girls, on scarves and totes and more. We also do leash holders and picture frames and have a jewelry line. I also do vintage images as well as screen printing--it's all about your pet! And as I say, not just for girls and their dogs, but cats too, occasionally even a fella. And sure, we'd do a horse! 
My other shop is the Starving Artist line. Also screen printed scarves and totes.

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I work in books, I write and read, play with Casey of course, and do crafts with the kids in the family. Not everything I craft is for the shop, but I am always looking for inspiration through different forms of art.

I love your My Ruby Red Shoes Picture Frame! Adorable! Where do you get your inspiration?
Oh thank you! I love the vintage images myself, most are one of a kind and I don't usually do the same image twice. My inspiration really is my love for animals, and of course, our love of our pets--and how we want to express it, through art and of course, by wearing it! Ala scarves, jewelry, on our totes, and so on.

My Ruby Red Shoes A French Bulldog and Her Girl Picture Frame

What's your favorite veggie meal?
When I was in Barcelona recently I was so excited to find a grilled veggie platter with balsamic glaze, that could make the top of the list. I had it twice. If I am eating at Moms or home I love pasta with fresh and spicey red sauce. If I am eating out in NYC I love Pure Food and Wine raw vegan. I also adore the vegan soups from Le Pain for lunch. So it depends! I am hungry now, come to think of it! Two of my favorite things in the world (and I lived on in Paris) are Garbanzo Beans and Avocado! 

Where else can we find you?
We have two Etsy shops (I always say "we", Casey and I) aside from AGirlAndHerDogShop.etsy.com we have JennLeeBunker.etsy.com (the starving artist line)
And you can find us here all too often:
www.Facebook.com/AGirlandHerDogShop
Also on Twitter: @AGirlHerDogShop
And our website, that I rarely check or update (woops!) www.AGirlandHerDogShop.com

City Dog Magazine is going to feature us in their winter holiday issue, and we often do local Garrison & Beacon NY fairs. We did Beacon Barks Day, and should be at the Desdmond Fishe Garrison Library Holiday Boutique again this winter.


Thank you for being part of the team! Check out Jenn and Casey's shop A Girl and Her Dog Shop  And, congratulations on the feature!!

No comments: