Sunday, October 9, 2011

Spotlight Seller

This week Susanne of The Felting Cat or Filzkatze is our Spotlight Seller. Her darling handmade felt products come to us from Germany! Let's find out more about her...


Tell us a bit about yourself ? 
My name is Susanne. I am a 58 years old retiree from the German State Department living in a quiet little spa in the Black Forest/Germany, right at the borders with France & Switzerland. Since my childhood I love handicrafts and have tried almost anything. For about one year now felting became my passion and still I enjoy experimenting all kinds of techniques & colors.My Etsy shops are a hobby that I love so much, as I discover interesting people & products every day. I feel honored & happy, when someone puts my shop or a product as a favorite or features one of my items in a treasury. And freak out when I sell something!

Vegan or Vegetarian? How long?
I became a vegetarian in 1987. Since 2005 I am a vegan. The only animal products I am still using are wool from sheep living in an eco-friendly environment without being butchered and sometimes Tussah & Ahimsa silk. 

When did you open your shop on Etsy?
I opened my shop in February 2011.

Tell us about what you sell on Etsy? 
I sell felted slippers, necklaces, bags & cases, shawls, cats/lavender sachets, cat toys, animals & beads. And maybe more soon...
As I care a lot about environment protection & animal welfare, all my new production is made with plant dyed, animal friendly & cruelty free "vegetarian wool" from sheep that live as "landscape managers" & are not butchered.


Plant Dyed Felt Baby Shoes "Seppl"

When you are not working on your shop, what do you do?
I dedicate most of my time to my family, home & garden, lots of books, some sports and all the rest to felting!

I love your Black Forest Maid Felt Slippers! Where do you get your inspiration?
I am inspired by ethnic patterns of many countries I lived & travelled, but also my home Black Forest with its traditional costumes & colors, my cat Reesha, my garden, books, especially fairy tales, moods & anything that goes through my mind.

Felt Slippers Black Forest Maid


What's your favorite veggie meal?
Any meal with lentils of any kind. My favorite is a gorgeous Moroccan lentil mulligan with olive oil, oriental spices, chili peppers, garlic, onions, tomatoes, potatoes & carrots. So easy and quick to prepare. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I can gladly provide it. Unforgettable!

Where else can we find you?
I am neither facebooking, twittering nor blogging. That is a little old-fashioned, of course, but I still prefer to keep individual contacts with my good friends. 
In my other Etsy shop Reesha Mona Lisa - Digital Photo Art Files - I present digital images with motifs from my garden, the beautiful landscape surrounding me, some memories of recent trips & most of all pictures of my cat Reesha. She is the greatest model one can imagine!
I also have 2 shops on DaWanda, the German marketplace for unique products:
www.dawanda.com/shop/filzkatze for my felt products
www.dawanda.com/shop/jaguary for jewelry with Brazilian natural beads

Thank you for being part of the team! Check out Susanne's wonderful work at The Felting Cat

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Sports betting system generates +$3,624 profit last week!

Z-Code System winning picks and forecasts for MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL!!!