Monday, March 21, 2011

Bean Fritter Recipe

Bean Fritters

2 cans soybeans, drained and mashed (I just throw them in the blender)
1/2 cups water (as needed)
1 cup flour
1/2 tablespoons baking powder
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 can whole garbanzo beans
Oil for frying the fritters

Combine mashed beans with remaining ingredients, folding the garbanzos in last. Batter will be thick.

Heat about 1 inch of canola oil in a large skillet until hot. Reduce heat to medium-low.

Working in batches, drop soybean batter (about 1/4 cup per fritter) into hot oil and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on all sides. I usually make as many as needed, then reserve some batter for leftovers.
Remove fritters and drain on paper towels.

Serve warm with a dipping sauce made of half vegan mayo and half mustard.

They are also really good formed into patty's, and cooked as above, but made into sandwiches, with the sauce used as a sandwich spread.

This recipe is brought to you by Jennifer of Gilding Lilies.

6 comments:

Debra said...

Those look delish! I am going to have my girls make them..
Blessings, Debra
Raw Vegan Diet

Alexis said...

Yuum! These look great! Thank you for sharing :)

-Alexis
http://simplybeautifulveg.blogspot.com

Kelly - LeanDogPottery said...

Looks good!

Mollys Follies said...

Yummy yummy, hopefully soon in my tummy!

Mothra Sue said...

These look so good! And would give me a reason to finally use my blender! Thanks for sharing!

Emily

Gina said...

These sound delicious! I may try them baked for burgers.