Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pet of the Week: Meet Tony, Tabby Extraordinaire!


Meet Tony!  
He is companion cat to EtsyVeg member 
 
What is your pet's name, birthday, sex, breed?
My cat’s name is Tony and he’s a grey and peach tabby. He is around 7 years old and he was a stray that I rescued. Obviously, he is male.

Where/how did you come up with their name?
Tony was already named when I adopted him. He seemed to like it and he answered to it, so it just kinda stuck!

How did you meet your pet? Were they adopted, rescued or other?
At the time I was working in a pet food and supply store, a job I had through college. My sister and I both worked there and we were responsible for taking care of the cats that were up for adoption in the store. Quite a few cats and kittens came in and were adopted out until Tony arrived. He’s a rather large cat and was very skinny, so he looked like he had the longest, gangly legs! He was the sweetest cat and my sister and I immediately fell in love with him. After a week or so he still wasn’t adopted so we decided that we just had to take him home!

If your pet was rescued or adopted, from who?
Tony was adopted from The Animal Welfare Association in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. They are a really great organization with a no-kill policy. I have now adopted all 3 of my cats from them!

What are your pet’s favorite toys, foods, snacks, activities?
Tony’s favourite toy is his pink catnip triangle, or his “bally-ball”, a spongey bouncey ball that he just loves. Tony also loves loose catnip, and his beef liver treats. BUT, his most favourite treat of all is actually cantaloupe. He is the first cat I have seen to eat and enjoy cantaloupe!

What are some things you enjoy doing with your pet?
Tony loves to play and is always up for chasing his toys or batting at string. I also have two other cats, so it’s always fun to watch them play and wrestle when the mood strikes them.



Do you take them to parks or to see people?
Tony is an indoor cat, so besides bringing him outside on his leash on a sunny day to eat some grass, he just stays inside. Tony is probably the most social cat I have ever seen though, and loves hanging out with me, my roommates, and any friends that stop by. He enjoys just watching everyone interact and getting the occasional scratch, belly rub, or cuddle.
 
Do you take your pet on vacations with you?
Nope, Tony likes staying at home!

Does your pet have any special tricks or unique habits?
One funny thing Tony does is, he’ll lay on his back and try and bite and play with his own tail! I guess he’s not the smartest cat in the world...

How does your pet like going to the vet?  Do s/he *know* when it's
time to see the vet & hide, or do they enjoy the extra attention?
Tony definitely doesn’t like leaving the house, going in the car, or being anywhere unfamiliar so the vet is never a pleasant experience!

How do your family members get along with the pet?
Everyone – I mean everyone – loves Tony. He initially lived with my immediate family before I moved out on my own, so I think he still remembers my Mom and sister when they come and visit. He’s always closeby whenever people are around and 
loves any attention he gets.

Do you spoil your pet?
I definitely spoil all my cats. They have a whole toy basket of their own, treats galore, a cat scratching post in each corner of the living room, and someone is constantly home to give them the love and attention they need.

What's the most important/special thing your pet adds to your life?
Tony is always there to cheer me up on a bad day, and cheer me up even more on a good day! He is the happiest cat you will ever meet – he just loves life and I don’t think he ever stops purring! 


Posted by Julia of JFillustrations.

6 comments:

Lucy - Lunique Jewellery said...

Hello Tony!! What a gorgeous cat! He sounds quite similar to my Monty- purring all the time and being very social :-D

FireHorse3 said...

What a handsome boy! It sounds like he has a wonderful life :D

GiGi said...

Tony looks so much like my big boy, Zuul, So cute!

Heather said...

Aww, I love that pic of him at the end, looks like he's smiling from all the adulation!! So perfect.

SilentLotus Creations said...

Darling boy! He's so adorable! :)

kittens mittens said...

Thanks for posting Tony's pet of the week profile!! He is such a fun cat! I hosted a Christmas gathering with a bunch of friends last night and he was just loving all the attention!! And any food that ended up on the floor lol!