Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pet of the Week: Adorable Lily!

Lily 8 weeks 005


Meet Lily! 
She is a fellow companion animals to EtsyVeg Member 
Melissa from Melis731

What is your pet's name, birthday, sex, breed?
My pet’s name is Lily. She was born March 22, 2008. She was supposed to be a mini dachshund but that didn’t quite work out. She is 15 pounds now, which is considered a tweenie in the dachshund world. Minis are supposed to be under 11 pounds.
 
How did you meet your pet?  Were they Adopted, rescued or other?
I found Lily while browsing on petfinder.com. I wasn’t looking for a dog, but when I saw her, I knew I had to have her. I’ve wanted a mini dachshund since working at a kennel in college. I fell in love with Violet, who was a mini dachshund that came in with a chocolate lab. They were so adorable together and everyone loved seeing them.

Lily 9 weeks 010
Lily at 9 weeks
If your pet was rescued or adopted, from who?
I am all for rescuing over buying. I currently volunteer for the MDSPCA and the Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue (MAGDRL). Lily loves the Great Danes! She happens to be from petfinder.com, but I think any rescue/shelter is a good place to find a pet.

What are your pet’s favorite toys, foods, snacks, activities?
Lily’s favorite game is destroying toys. If there is stuffing or a squeaker, she makes it her mission to get it out of a toy. She is pretty good at it.

What are some things you enjoy doing with your pet?
I love taking Lily to the park for walks. I walk her in my neighborhood almost every day. Everyone knows her name, but I’d say most don’t know mine!
I also love snuggling with her on a cold night. Her little body can really produce some body heat :)

Do you take them to parks or to see people?
Lily loves anything that moves. She loves new people, dogs, and cats. She met a ferret once and loved him too.

Lily and Goober
Lily & Goober
Does your pet have any special tricks or unique habits?
Lily is full of unique habits. Way too many to list here!

How does your pet like going to the vet?  Do s/he *know* when it's
time to see the vet & hide, or do they enjoy the extra attention?
Lily loves attention from anyone. If she sees her carrier, you better be taking her somewhere. She can be a monster, but is always well behaved for the vet, which I appreciate!
   
What's the most important/special thing your pet adds to your life?
Lily keeps me company. I spend more time with her than anyone else. It’s nice to have someone that’s always there to listen to me, whether she likes it or not!

Anything else you would like to add?
Please adopt a pet from a rescue or shelter! There are so many wonderful dogs that need homes. It might take a little longer to find the perfect pet, but it’s worth it!!


Lily 4 months 017
Lily at 4 months

Posted by Julia of JFillustrations.

15 comments:

melis731 said...

Thank you so much for featuring Lily :)

VeggieAmanda said...

How sweet! :-)

Heather said...

So adorable!!

kittens mittens said...

Lily looks like such a sweet little dog! :)

ylbb said...

Great feature!

SassySashadoxie said...

Aww, Lily is the star of the day. You go girl. Loved the blog feature from a fellow wiener dog and her Mommy. Sasha.

laughingfridge said...

Lily sounds like a real sweetie! Loved learning more about her; doxies rule!

Lyn said...

Lily is adorable! Loved reading about her!

Lucy - Lunique Jewellery said...

(in a squeaky little voice) awwww!! she's sooo cute!!! just want to hug her :-D

Big Bad Art Collective said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

pixiepod said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love her, you are so lucky to have her in your life, thanks for sharing.

auclairdelalune: recycled fabrics for human and habitat said...

What a cutie!

thebluewindmill said...

so sweet!! Love the last pic where she is sleeping and the one of her and Goober!!
Great blog piece!!!

SilentLotus Creations said...

Ohhhh, soooo cute! :)

Katie + Philip said...

Lily is adorable!