Monday, December 13, 2010

Perfect Winter Breakfast

Jennifer here, from Gilding Lilies. I am totally hooked on this for breakfast. I admit it has a distinctly "wow, is that healthy!" sort of flavor to it, but I'm lovin' it. It is super nutritious and very satisfying. It's like a New Years Resolution in a bowl. This is a resolution I think I will keep!


First, you prepare a pot of Quinoa according to the package directions. Left overs are great to have on hand to eat throughout the week.  Mash half a banana in a bowl. Add a spoonful of peanut butter. Add a serving of quinoa, a splash of soy milk, and a generous sprinkle of ground flax seeds. Mix it around. Pop it in the microwave to warm it up. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon. Somethings I toss in some chopped walnuts for a bit of crunch. That's it, super yummy!

6 comments:

GiGi said...

Never thought of quinoa with PB, but now you got me thinking that it's a great breakfast combo.

kittens mittens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kittens mittens said...

I've always been interested in trying Quinoa, but can never find it... I'll have to scour the health food store next time! The recipe sounds amazing though, can't wait to give it a try! :)

SilentLotus Creations said...

I love grainy cereals like this- thanks for the great idea!

Mom, Baby, and Me said...

Quinoa is one of my favorite things to eat! Yum!

I don't own a microwave, but that all sounds very easy to do on stovetop! I'll definitely try that out!

Gina said...

Sounds great, thanks!