Tuesday, December 28, 2010

EtsyVeg Member Monday: Hope from BlackBird & Peacock

Meet EtsyVeg member Hope from Black Bird & Peacock.
This is what she had to tell us...


Hope & Son, Soren

What do you sell in your Etsy shop?  Journals, cards and postcards utilizing watercolor, stamping, collage and digital art.

What are your creative inspirations?  The world.  I'm naturally a
writer so people, experiences and books feed my creative soul.  My
husband is a visual artist and so are many of m y friends, so what they
create or talk about generates ideas as well.

 What would you like to try to make, that you haven't already? What is your dream project?  For the moment, I would love to make my own journals from scratch.  Just don't have all of the equipment, but hopefully I will in the future.  I also want to learn how to make marbled paper.  My dream project would be to write a small book of
poetry and create a book expressly made for it from scratch, including
all sorts of handmade, sumptuous papers made by me.

Hope's Companion Cat, Bon-Bon
How long have you been on Etsy, and are you an Etsy addict?
Is etsy a large part of your business?
  I love Etsy.  My husband
started shopping on Etsy about 2 years ago and I'm still inspired and
impressed by the awesome creations on Etsy.  At this point, Etsy is a
large part of my business, but hopefully that will change over time.

What are your future plans for your shop/business?  To include more journals.  That aspect of the business does really well, so I want to put my energy there.  Would love to do more craft/art shows and I see myself getting to that point by next Fall.  This is still pretty new
to me and I also manage my husband's Etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vonstengel so it all takes time.


Hope's Dog Companion, Owen
How long have you been vegan/vegetarian?  How does being veg play into the rest of your life?  I've been a vegetarian for 19 years and was vegan for a couple of years.  When I became vegetarian I was 17 years old, so suddenly I had to learn how to cook for myself.  Since then, cooking has become one of my passions and part-time jobs.  It also put me on the path to becoming more environmentally conscious- upcycling, recycling, eating organic, not being too car dependent, consuming less.

What is your favorite vegan/vegetarian store/restaurant/blog/website?I love Indian food. 

Manjula's Kitchen is my favorite resource for Indian vegetarian recipes and video tutorials http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/

Posted by JFIllustrations

4 comments:

FireHorse3 said...

Hello Hope!

Lovely to read about your interests and inspirations :) Thanks for the link to the Indian veggie recipes site - will check that out as I love Inidan food too :Op

thebluewindmill said...

So nice to learn more about you!
Great shop!

Aguavino said...

Nice to meet you, Hope! Cute kitty :)

SilentLotus Creations said...

Hope, thanks so much for sharing about yourself! Lovely to know you! :)