Monday, November 22, 2010

Where do you buy your seeds?


I wanted to share with you Etsy Veggies a blog I published on my blog, http://pixiepod-pixiepod.blogspot.com about herbs and seeds being a great gift idea and also to raise the importance of where you buy your herbs and seeds from. We are obviously concerned these days where we buy our fruit and veg from and for the meat eaters their meat but we never seem concerned about the quality of our seeds or our herbs, or maybe we are. I hope so, I like to think I am doing my bit for Mother Earth and producing a garden that nature and nurture work hand in hand. At Pixiepod´s Garden the sun doesn´t always shine and it is hard work but I do it ethically and environmentally, so please stop by my etsy store today to see what is on the shelves and read my blog for gift inspiration.
thanks!x

2 comments:

Lisa is Raw on $10 a Day (or less!) said...

I buy some of my seeds from the usual places, like Burpree's and Gurnsey's, etc. Burpee grows quite a few of their own, but most seeds come from huge distributors and so all the seed is basically the same, no matter which company it's from. Which is why I also like buying my seed from small growers selling online, even on eBay.

pixiepod said...

I find that my seeds can often vary in size from season to season, year to year depending on the weather etc I like this diversity in all things, not just seeds. xx