Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pet of the Week: Meet Abby, the Lovely Dachshund

Meet Abby, fellow Dachshund companion to EtsyVeg Member, Jennifer from Gilding Lilies.
 
 
What is your pet's name, birthday, sex, breed?
Abby is a 10 year old, female, Dachshund
 
Where/how did you come up with their name?
She already had her name when she came to live with me. 
 
How did you meet your pet?  Were they Adopted, rescued or other?
I saw an add in the newspaper. Believe it, or not, she was too big, and with her energy, she wasn't working out with the other pets in the house.
  
What are your pet’s favorite toys, foods, snacks, activities?
She loves to chew on raw carrots, run in the yard, dig holes, and go for rides.
 
What are some things you enjoy doing with your pet?
We like to run around the house hiding and chasing each other. I also like 
the quiet times when she sits right by me. We are really tight.
 
Do you take them to parks or to see people?
Abby loves to go out anywhere and everywhere. She loves to sniff new stuff.
 
Do you take your pet on vacations with you?
It depends where I'm going. If she can go, she does. If not, 
a friend stays with her and keeps her company. 
 
Does your pet have any special tricks or unique habits? 
She keeps her trim figure by taking one kibble at a time, tossing it in the air, 
pouncing on it, and then rolling on it as though it is the worlds best 
back scratcher. Super silly! 
 
How does your pet like going to the vet?  Do s/he *know* when it's 
time to see the vet & hide, or do they enjoy the extra attention?
She actually doesn't mind too much. It's an outing, so she is up for it.
 
How do your family members get along with the pet?
Everybody loves Abby.
 
Do you spoil your pet?
Only with love.
 
What's the most important/special thing your pet adds to your life?
I can feel how much she loves me, and it feels so good (I love her too,
of course). I'm also thankful for the giggles she brings me. 
 
Anything else you would like to add? 
She is as playful now, as she was when she was a puppy. She has a few more aches and pains (her back sometimes bothers her, which is common for this breed) but she is one fun loving girl. She loves to go for rides in the truck, and sniff new stuff. She is smart too. She taught me that when you make coffee, you must also give the dog a treat. It works every time, I was trained by the best. I love this little dog so much! We are the best of friends. I think these pictures really show her true character. One photo shows her joyfully running through the yard and you can absolutely see the smile on that dogs face. The other picture shows her with her paw in the air. This is the way she stands whenever she enthusiastically wags her tail. Her joy is contagious, and she brightens my days!



10 comments:

Pluto's Gift Shop said...

What a cute doggie!! I just love checking out the pet of the week:)

auclairdelalune: recycled fabrics for human and habitat said...

What a cutie! I love the picture of the happy, running dog!

Julie said...

She's such a sweet "puppy"! Thanks for sharing.

Aguavino said...

That is such a great picture! What a little cutie!!

Gilding Lilies said...

She is the best, I am so lucky to have her in my life! I'm glad you are enjoying meeting her.

melis731 said...

She is adorable! Yay doxies :)

FireHorse3 said...

What a sweet dog Abby is! I love that photo of her scampering in the yard - wonderful!

Lucy - Lunique Jewellery said...

Great to meet Abby! My sister's dog does that with her food sometimes- takes a piece into the garden and rolls on it!! So weird lol!

Love, Luca said...

Awwwww! Doxies are my favorite of all time & yours is such a sweetie! :)

palafoxstudio23 said...

what a total cutie!! :)