Monday, November 15, 2010

Peppermint Patty

Hi everybody, it's me again, Jennifer from Gilding Lilies. I'm here to share another holiday treat recipe. Also, I wanted to mention that I am participating in Vegan MoFo (Vegan Month Of Food) over on my blog, so there are lots of fun veg posts to see. Stop by and visit, if you have the chance.
Now for the recipe.



Peppermint Patty
2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp corn syrup (aka half of your 1/3 measuring cup)
1/8 cup  Earth Balance Margarine
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar (break up the lumps if there are any)
3/4 teaspoons of peppermint oil/extract
1/2 a bag of vegan chocolate chips (I use Tropical Source)

Directions:
Whip together the syrup, margarine, and peppermint. Slowly add the sugar, a little at a time, while mixing. You will end up with a crumbly, dry mixture.
Pick up small handfuls of the mixture and start to press into patty shapes. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Pop them into the frig, to chill,  while you get the chocolate ready.
Melt the chips until stir-able and a little shiny looking. Turn the heat way down so it doesn't burn. Quickly dunk the patties in the chocolate. Place on a non stick surface. When all the patties are done, I put them back in the frig again to firm up a bit, and temper the chocolate.
A perfect little treat for the holidays.

8 comments:

Anna said...

These look so good. I love peppermint patties, I'm going to try this. :)

VeggieAmanda said...

Wow! This looks great!

JFIllustrations said...

Yum, yum, yum!!
I might just *have* to try this recipe out ;)

pixiepod said...

These look great! They are like Peppermint Creams which is something my Nana used to make. x

Love, Luca said...

Mmm those look scrumptious! :)

omgoshimvegan said...

MMMM homemade peppermint patties how wonderful. Do you ship? ;)

Heather said...

YUUUMM!! These look super!

Jen's Art Shop said...

I made these the other day and they are wonderful! Everyone loved them and was so impressed. Thank you so much for the recipe.