Thursday, October 7, 2010
A Curry for the American Palate: Peanut Butter and Green Pepper
medium sized green, red bell peppers (capsicum)-- 2 or 3
medium sized red onion-- one
fresh ginger to taste
Chunky or creamy peanut butter--1-2 tablespoon
Olive oil-- 1-2 tablespoon
salt to taste
red chili powder (optional)
turmeric-- 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
1. After removing the core and the seeds chop the pepper into small chunks. Cut the onion and the ginger also into small pieces.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet; add the onions and the ginger. (Note: I have also added black mustard seeds. That is the way I cook but you do not have to.)
3. Cook till the onions turn translucent.
4. Add the chopped bell peppers, spices and the salt.
5. Cook till the peppers turn soft.
6. Add the peanut butter.
7. Mix it thoroughly into the cooked vegetables with a spatula till it is all melted and gooey.
You can eat this with nacho chips, pita bread, naan or roti. Any which way, it is finger lickin' good!