Sunday, July 18, 2010

Loving Life Continued

I recently posted a blog about loving life. I am blogging about it again because I need to remind myself to try and love life when I feel stuck, especially when I feel stuck. We all need to remind ourselves of this.

I am promising to stick to my pledge to do things that bring me joy. I have been trying. My husband, John, and I rallied our families together and we went to the mountains in North Carolina to spend a long weekend. John and I are planning a week long vacation in the Caribbean. We went to a winery festival for the day with my parents about a month ago. I spontaneously made up a dessert one night when in the mood for chocolate (John loved the dessert and I hated it).

And most recently, John and I went on a tubing adventure on the Dan river (in Stoneville, NC) with friends. After tubing, we headed to a vegetarian restaurant in Greensboro. My friend Stephanie organized this awesome tubing event and we decided to go because we
love nature and we have never tried tubing before. Not only did we get to spend time in nature, we got to spend the day with wonderful vegetarian friends.

We floated down the Dan river for about three hours in individual tubes. At times we had what we called the "floatzilla" where we all traveled in a clump of tubes together. Other times we tubed away from others or in small groups. It was all a blast! The conversations and the people were so much fun. When tubing was complete we headed to Boba House, a delicious vegetarian restaurant in Greensboro. The day concluded with a hilarious drive home.

I loved every minute of this day. From the second I got up and got ready for the farmer's market to the time we all said good night. This day most certainly sticks to my pledge to do things that bring me joy.

What have you done lately to bring yourself joy? Tell me about it! We need to inspire each other.

4 comments:

silentlotus creations said...

Thank you, Amanda, for sharing your journey with us! :) xoxo

palafoxstudio23 said...

how fun amanda!as far as inspiration. lately, for me, all my inspiration is coming from getting my house finished. accomplishment sometimes makes me very creative-yay! thanks for you tale of inspiration!

VeggieAmanda said...

Yay for accomplishment! :-) Thanks for sharing!

FireHorse3 said...

Amanda - that trip sounds wonderful! I have never heard about tubing before - it sounds a lot of fun!