Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love Life As Much As You Love Dessert

I warned you in my first blog post and here it is. I am a bit of a sweets freak. I think about sweets a lot, so I can't help but blog about sugary goodness on my personal blog and now here. This will most likely be one of many posts about sweets. So, put on your sweet tooth and join in my obsession!

Did I mention that I love dessert? Almost every night after dinner, I crave something sweet. Sometimes vegan chocolate chips will calm my craving, but other times I want something more exciting. In the past couple of years, I have become obsessed with making vegan desserts. Sometimes I take a regular dessert recipe and veganize it and sometimes I use a vegan recipe. Could this be a passion for me?

I came across Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and have been making
and lusting over cupcakes ever since. I never knew I had a passion for cupcakes. I never even thought about them. Before this book, I can't remember the last time I even had a cupcake. There was something about this cupcake book that sucked me in. Maybe it was the witty writing, the fun recipes, or the awesome cupcake pictures.

I received the cupcake book as a gift for Christmas and I made a pledge to myself- I was going to work my way through the book. I did not set any rules. Just have to have fun. I did not promise to start at the beginning and to make all of the recipes. My pledge was to bake for myself and others and enjoy every minute of it. It has been six months and I have been having a blast (although I have been behind on blogging about my cupcakes)! My cupcakes have been given as gifts, made for parties, eaten with family, enjoyed at potlucks, etc.

The point of my whole pledge was to do something, without rules attached, that makes me smile. I sometimes feel stuck in my job and in my life. I also feel the same way about my Etsy store. I have so many things I want to create, but I just don't ever get around to creating them. I have excuses, concerns, and hesitations that stunt me from moving forward. While baking cupcakes is small and may seem as silly, it has helped lift my spirits. It has motivated me to do more things that I enjoy in life. Maybe this will lead me to create the products that I dream of or maybe it will lead me in other places in life. If it does not, at least I can say I have tried for bliss.


I have realized that if I could only love life as much as I love dessert, I would be a joyful person. So if you need a pick me up, here is my mission for you....pledge to do something that makes you feel joy. It can be anything. Just do it and feel good. It may lead you to other things or it might just make you smile.

To give you a bit of inspiration, I will post some of my cupcake photos. I am not a photographer, but you still get the yummy point. Maybe this will inspire you to try for happiness. I hope to keep trying myself.


7 comments:

Heather said...

MMMM Delish! Looks so yummy!

Skye said...

My roommate and I each have a copy of that book and we love it!!!

I love your philosophy. I also need to try to love life as much as I love dessert.

Veggiecrocker said...

Those look amazing!

Veganessa said...

mmmmmmm yummmmm!

VeggieAmanda said...

Thanks all! I highly recommend the book. :)

silentlotus creations said...

I love VCTOTW too! And I love this post! Thanks for sharing, Amanda! xo

易英易英 said...

路過看看哦,請加油........................................