Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Talent and Variety of Etsyveg

Submitted by EtsyVeg Member Jody of ShabbyNChic, a shop filled with one-of-a-kind home decor, antiques, vintage & other goodies! Vist her blog, too!



There are so many great things on Etsy that one could really get lost in all of the wonderful "neccesities". I became a part of the Etsyveg team in early 2009, shortly after opening
my Etsy shop. Not only is this a welcoming group where I feel a part of a caring community, but it is also a very talented group. I am always looking at members' shops and enjoying their creativity and talent. After some success in my own shop, I was able to justify a little shopping spree (which I highly recommend if you can do it).

I started with these great journals from EtsyVeg member
ThisIsIt. ThisisIt was collecting money to save some bulls, so I had to buy something to support them. I am using the Vegetarian journal as my first cookbook of my personal favorite vegetarian recipes. I am planning to use the Peace journal for a personal journal. These journals are so great, I decided to go back and order a custom journal with my favorite quote on it:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
I love this one even more and can't wait to use it!




Fairtradefamily is now one of my favorite Etsy shops! She makes play food from yarn and her designs are realistic, colorful, and fun, and she is so nice. I found this great side salad and carrots with ranch dressing. I had to have these for my daughter, and not only did she love them, her older brother enjoys playing with them, too. I will definitely be back to this shop!




The next shop I visited on my shopping spree was
Trashrags. I had been admiring her unique t-shirts for awhile, but wanted something slightly different from what she had listed in her shop. I contacted Trashrags with a custom order and she was able to fill it! One tee was a custom color, another was a kids' tee I wanted for my vegetarian son, and the 3rd was a slight variation on her "If you knew what I know, you'd be vegan too". I love these tops and and the professionalism of this shop.





Finally, I found a great PIF ("pay it forward") item.
Graphicdesignbytara offers very professional and fun graphics, but also cares about animals. Recently she started offering this fun graphic free in her shop. When I saw it, I wanted it. Not much more to say - she gave me this graphic for free which I quickly added to my blog.




Lots of talent on this team, and so many great items to find in their shops!

1 comment:

EcoGifts that Inspire said...

Wow - what a nice surprise! I am so touched - thank you!!! :)