Tuesday, January 19, 2010

'Pet of the Week' Interview with Urbanimal



This is Emma-Jayne Saanen of urbanimal, and I just had to talk a bit about Dougal, my cat.

What is your pet's name, birthday, sex, breed?

His name is Dougal, and he's two years old. We don't know his exact birthday, but we celebrate the anniversary of when he came to live with us - 16th November. He's a domestic short-haired cat.

Where/how did you come up with his name?

When we was a wee kitten, his eyes reminded me of Dougal from Father Ted (UK sitcom from Channel 4).

How did you meet Dougal? Was he adopted, rescued or other?

Dougal's mother was a farm cat. I had been looking for a cat for a while, and my aunt found out about his litter and picked him out for me.

What are his favorite toys, foods, snacks, activities?

He loves his cat treats (Webbox Cat's Delight Strips), and his favourite toys are his cow plushies.

What are some things you enjoy doing with him?

I love it when he comes to sit with me, or to check up on me to see what I'm doing. I also like to wind him up a little with his cat toys. It's such fun to see him pouncing and mauling his little cows.

How does Dougal like going to the vet? Does he *know* when it's time to see the vet & hide, or does he enjoy the extra attention?

Dougal really hates being stuck in his cat carrier (I can't blame him, I wouldn't like it either!) but when he sees the vet he is perfectly relaxed. It helps having a wonderful vet to whom animals respond positively.





How do your family members get along with Dougal?

I live with my partner, Stephen, and he and Dougal get on great. My partner isn't vegetarian, so Dougal tends to try and steal the meaty parts of Stephen's dinner!

Do you spoil him?

I try not to, as Dougal has been "fixed" and spayed/neutered pets tend to put on weight. During the night when he wants attention, I do tend to give in!

What's the most important/special thing Dougal adds to your life?

My partner and I work long hours at times, and sometimes I am on my own at home. The most important thing Dougal adds to my life is companionship.

Anything else you would like to add?

I'd always considered myself a "dog person" until I met Dougal, but I'm so glad to have him as a part of my family.



Thanks Emma-Jayne. We've really enjoyed *meeting* Dougal!

--Heather :)

8 comments:

Veggiecrocker said...

Sweet baby :)

Julie Webb Photography said...

What an adorable looking kitteh! :)

Heather said...

He's sooo cute. Looks so cuddily! :)

Rebecca said...

He is such a sweetie... and I love that last photo! It is wonderful to have the pets around... time alone is much better with them, for sure... such great companions!

luniquejewellery said...

Sounds very like my boy :-) He hate's the carrier for going to the vets but is so good when he's there... and I always thought of myself as more of a dog person til I got my first cat (Mont is our 3rd!) Dougal is very handsome :-D

Thanks for sharing Emma-Jayne!

Lucy

FireHorse3 said...

Ahh! Dougal is such a sweetie. Love the fact that he is named after the character on Father Ted; he's a favorite of mine, too ;-)

mvegan said...

aw, I love Dougal! :0)

knittergirl said...

Emma, you're cat is a cutie!