Wednesday, September 2, 2009
~WORLD VEG DAY PROJECT~ Collaboration with Vegan Etsy!
Veggies Unite! Announcing a collaboration of the Vegan Etsy and EtsyVeg teams… the World Vegetarian Day Project! The two teams will unite to celebrate World Vegetarian Day on October 1st, World Farm Animals Day on October 2nd, and World Vegetarian Month in October, working to spread public awareness about vegan and vegetarian lifestyles. The 5-day event, September 28th-October 2nd, will involve promotion of the animal, people, and planet-friendly choice to go veg, why it’s important, how to go about it, and how easy it is by sharing recipes, articles, and resources with the public! During the week of the event, members of both teams are invited to share knowledge and passion about, as well as commitment to living veg by posting information like essays, recipes, and resources. There are different levels of participation so many can find a way to play along.
Ways you can participate:
1) Let us know that you’d like to participate by emailing email@example.com by September 25th so we can promote your recipes/articles/special events. From September 28th through October 2nd, daily blog posts will link to recipes and articles by participants.
2) Post an original vegetarian or vegan recipe of your choice on your blog or website, or in your Etsy shop announcement on World Veg Day, October 1st. Those who would rather not post on their own may submit their recipe to the EtsyVeg or Vegan Etsy blogs. These recipes will then be gathered into an ebook (help needed with this) and made available to the public in following weeks for a small fee to raise money for charity (a vote will be taken to decide which one).
Recipes must be emailed (both link and html code) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day October 2nd to be included in the ebook. Please include your shop banner or other shop graphic, along with a link to/description of your favorite veg/animal cause.
3) Write and post an article about any aspect about going veg to spread the word about how easy it is and its benefits to the health and well-being of people, animals, and/or the planet. And don’t forget about touting the pluses of supporting handmade and vegan/vegetarian artisans! Those who would rather not post on their own may submit their piece to the EtsyVeg or Vegan Etsy blogs. Or compile a list of links to your go-to online veg resources. These can also be added to the ebook.
Articles must be emailed (both link and html code) to email@example.com by the end of the day October 2nd to be included in the ebook. Please include your shop banner or other shop graphic, along with a link to/description of your favorite veg/animal cause.
4) Host a promotional event in your Etsy shop to coincide with the event. Refer shoppers to the happenings in your shop announcement.
5) Make an informational flier/sticker/etc. about the event and what we are celebrating. Include them in packages when you send orders to customers, or hand them out at local events, on your table at craft fairs, or at veg fests.
6) Promote! Even if not participating in one of the above, join the fun by helping to promote the event and its mission. Talk up the event and related recipes/articles/info on your social media sites, or submit info about it to other sites. Email friends and family about the event and pass on info about going veg to anyone you think may be interested. Help to promote the ebook and raise funds for charity!
7) Participants can use a special avatar that will be (help needed with graphics!) designed for the event in their Etsy shop, and may also use an event graphic or banner on their blog, site, or social media pages. Everyone is encouraged to use the avatar from September 28th- October 2nd, but please feel free to use all graphics, once released, at anytime leading up to the event and during ebook promotion.
8) Along with participants we are in need of volunteers to help make this project go smoothly! Help is needed in the following areas:
• Create participant list for each team.
• Maintain status checklist, tracking emails with required info, etc. for each participant.
• Post challenge updates/photos/promotion on the EtsyVeg blog and Vegan Etsy blog at regular intervals.
• Promote the contest on various social media, especially once voting begins.
• Start/maintain an Etsy forum thread for the contest, including prompting
members/participants to post updates and feedback there.
• Create a special blog graphic/avatar/banner.
• Someone to create the ebook (or give guidance in how to do so).
If I'm missing any tasks here, please let me know and we can add them. Or suggest your own ideas of a way you'd like to help. :D
This should be really fun- we hope you’ll join us! :D