Friday, July 17, 2009

Interview with MadelineMan

Part of an ongoing interview series profiling EtsyVeg members.
Interview presentation by Kylie of
SilentLotus

Meet Madeline of Etsy's MadelineMan


Q. Etsy is a unique blend of artists with many different creative styles and approaches. What is your own "philosophy" or approach to creativity?

I make things I love, and I make a wide range of things to keep myself interested!

Q. What do you sell in your Etsy shop?

I sell a wide range of items, including felted monster cake toppers, flower barrettes, manzanita branches, jewelry, paintings, cards, shoes, and clothing!

Q. How did you get started creating?

I have been creating for as long as I can remember. I worked at a fabric craft store in high school, and that really sparked my desire to craft. My mom is also a big crafter, so that has also influenced me.

Q. What other artistic tendencies do you have? Do you have other crafty/artsy skills that you already do or would like to try?

In addition to what I do on Etsy, I like to quilt and scrapbook. I have also always enjoyed party planning and all of the crafting that goes along with it.


Q. What would you like to try to make, that you haven't already? What is your dream project?

I would love to get into screen printing. There seems to be a lot of it in the Bay Area (where I live), and I have always been fascinated by it. I recently also tried glass blowing, but I don't think I am tough enough to stand the heat!!!

Q. How long have you been on Etsy, and are you an Etsy addict? :)

I have been on Etsy since early 2009. I love it, and I would for sure say that I am an Etsy addict! The more I do on Etsy the more I want to do.

Q. What are your future plans for your shop/business?

I would like to do more craft fairs and get more involved with my local community of crafters.


Q. How long have you been vegan/vegetarian? How does being veg play into the rest of your life?

I have been a vegetarian since I was 2 years old. Coming from a family of meat eaters, people always ask how and when I became a vegetarian. My mother tells me that when I was 2 I asked were meat came from and said that I never wanted to eat it again! Being the awesome mother that she is, she respected my wishes, and I have not eaten meat since. So I have been a vegetarian for about 23 years now. I recently decided to become a vegan, and since I eat very little animal byproducts as it is, I want to take a stand and give them up all together.

Q. What is the last recipe you made? What are your food vices or cravings?

I always crave Trader Joe's Creamy Mediterranean Hummus on Marys Gone Crackers Onion Crackers- the best snack EVER!!!


1 comment:

FireHorse3 said...

Nice interview - and cute moustache ;0)