Wednesday, July 15, 2009

EtsyVeg 'Pet of the Week' with MadelineMan

Meet Rockey
(Canine companion of Madeline of MadelineMan)

Madeline writes:
Rockey is a delightful Pit Bull/Great Dane combo. I stumbled upon Rockey at the Oakland Animal Shelter on my first day as a volunteer. I could tell from the look in his eyes that he was very special, but there was also a sad look there. Later, I found out that he had been at the shelter for nearly a year! He had been adopted once and then returned because he was "too wild". :( I went on a mission to get him adopted. I took him to some mobile adoptions, made sure he got out of his cage more so he would calm down, and gave him lots of extra love. Quickly I realized that I could not give him away to someone else... I had to have him. Rockey is truly a gem! He loves to snuggle and is gentle with children and adults alike. He still has a very special look in his eyes, but now the sadness is all gone. :)






3 comments:

Rebecca at KneeDeepOriginals said...

What an absolutely beautiful and sweet face he has! And what a touching story. So glad you kept him! I bet he is the light of your life!

Gina said...

Rockey is beautiful!!!

Kunklebaby said...

What a beautiful dog!!