Tuesday, July 21, 2009

EtsyVeg Member 'Pet of the Week' with movetheneedle

MEET LUNA
(companion of Anna of
MovetheNeedle)

Anna writes:

This is my black cat, Luna. We got her in May 2008, so she's a little over a year old. I actually got her around the time I was first starting to open/design my etsy shop, MovetheNeedle.



Luna's a lot of fun. She has a lot of personality and is energetic and loves to play. She does a lot of cute things, like plays hide and seek with me. My other cat, Royal, is an outdoor cat and has always loved to go outside. I'll take Luna outside sometimes, but since she gets scared she's mostly a house cat for now. A few months ago, we took her outside and she got stuck in a tree. She was too scared to come down, and it was kind of scary because she was up there for a few days. The fire department here no longer saves cats from trees for some reason, but we eventually got someone to get her down.






Some of my creations in my shop are inspired by her, like a watercolor Halloween card I made with a painted black cat on the front. Sometimes, when I'm working on my crafts, she'll play with my tools or scrap papers that come from making books. It's like she wants to get involved. When I made my own light box, she would play in it and take naps in there. Eventually, she tore the tissue paper down and I had to make a new one.





I'm in college, so I don't get to see Luna as much as I like, but I always get excited to come home and see her.


5 comments:

Heather said...

Awww she's so sweet! I remember those days well, College days. I'd come home to my cat, and he would snub me at first, as if to say: "You jerk, where have you been?" The he wouldn't let me out of his sight for the rest of the weekend. But, it was nice he remembered to be mean and snub me everytime.. I knew he loved me too, that way. Sorry about the fire dept, that's a bummer. You could try flagging down a telephone company employee or a electric company person. They've saved just as many cats, from trees, as the fire dept. Hubby works here for the phone co, and has done it many times.

--Heather :)

Love, Luca said...

aw, what a cute kitty :)

Rebecca at KneeDeepOriginals said...

What a gorgeous kitty. Sounds like she's a handful, but they are so fun when they have such "helpful" personalities. Good luck with college, by the way!

veganessa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cat :)

TheAwesomestPossum said...

Adorable! I love the pic of her in your lightbox. My cat Bill always tries to "help" when I'm taking pics of my stuff. I think these elaborate setups activate cats' "you think this is interesting, so I must sit on it!" instinct. :)