Saturday, May 9, 2009

Just found a re-usable water bottle

Posted by Kim of Midnightrabbits and Veganessa

Now, I know to people in USA, this is probably old hat, but to me, in the UK, it's a new find, and I love it. I had heard about water bottles that have filters, that can be reused from tap water to give safer, cleaner water, and cuts out buying plastic bottles each time you want water on the go, or to take to work with you etc.
So imaging my delight when I came across this water bottle .

It can be used for up to six months. so bearing in mind I might have bought say 2 bottles of water a week, that is a saving of approx 52 plastic bottles, and at the cost of around £9 compared to maybe £39 in buying individual bottles, it not only helps the environment, but saves me a lotta cash too. It's all good!

3 comments:

silentlotuscreations said...

Hey Kim- this is great! I've never actually heard of an individual water bottle with its own filter. So cool! :) Thanks for sharing! :D

Heather said...

Very nice! I love it. I have seen similiar ones (very pricey) at EMS.com here in the States. Eastern Mountain Sports. I do believe the water filters are replaceable. --Heather :)

veganessa said...

yes, the leaflet says rto replace the filter every six months or 250 fills, the company sells the filters, so actually, long term, it's a very good saving.