Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Interview with AmiVegan

Part of an ongoing interview series profiling EtsyVeg members.
Shared by Celeste of CricketsCreations, from the CFE blog


Meet Sarah ("Saar") of Etsy's AmiVegan
http://www.stylemegreen.be/





What kind of items do you sell in your shop?

Crochet cuteness, 50s dresses, vegan stuff... much more to come. Keep an eye on me!

How did you get started?

I got the crochet bug and started making all sorts of stuff. I decided to start selling when, all of a sudden, I saw my tiny house filling up with crochet cuteness and friends that hadn't gotten anything yet becoming scarce. I have a friend who has a handmade storefront in Gent, Belgium (www.mieke.tv), where I live. She told me about Etsy, and there you go!



Tell us why you choose to use cruelty free materials in your work?

It comes naturally to me. If I don't buy, eat, or drink cruelty, why would I craft it?

Do you sell your items outside of etsy (if so, where)?

Maybe sometimes at a local fair, but not that often.




Do you have any future plans for your shop?

Oh yes! I want to make paintings, too, and do a lot of customized stuff.

Do you maintain any other sites besides your shop (such flickr, MySpace, blog, etc.)?

http://www.stylemegreen.be/

What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?

I volunteer for EVA, the Belgian vegetarian society; I bring out the eco word to stylish chicks; I cook and give cooking classes; and I write (I'm a journalist).

What inspires you?

Nature. I like doing stuff with flowers and animals.




Is there anything else you would like to add?

I love you. I do. Really. *kiss*

6 comments:

Heather said...

We love you too! Awesome stuff, so cute! Nice to meet you!

XOXO Heather :)

knittergirl said...

What a great interview! Nice to know more about you Saar.

kneedeeporiginals said...

Fun interview... great to get to know you a little bit! Like your shop too!

Rebecca

auclairdelalune: recycled fabrics for human and habitat said...

Cute items and terrific shop. Nice to find out more about you :-)

JulieWebb Photography+Design said...

*Blows a kiss back to Saar!*

:)

FireHorse3 said...

Great interview - love those cute crocheted goodies! :D