Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EtsyVeg Earth Day Challenge - Day 7

ONLY ONE MORE DAY UNTIL EARTH DAY!!!

This is the last EtsyVeg Earth Day Challenge post, but we hope that we've inspired you to make your lifestyle and business more eco-friendly all year round, not just on one day! I thought I'd end the countdown week with some bright and cheery choices as being eco-friendly should make you feel happy!!

Krug's Eco-logic:

Erin from Krug's Eco-logic sells eco-friendly bath and body items. Here is what she had to say about her Sunshine soap:

Sunshine Soap - made with poppy seeds straight from the earth... no changin' them ;) As you can read from the description, I used some left over EO's that no longer had a use on my line of products... and I could NEVER throw them out - so they have a new life now!
I use recycled paper for labels and bio-degradable plastic for wrapping. All my ingredients are 100% vegan (including the soy milk I used for this bar), and try to keep my company as close to zero -waste (or as much as humanly possible) ;)



Panda With Cookie:


Lisa from Panda With Cookie has one of the cutest shops around - from not so scary monsters to pins to garland she's got it all! She shared her eco-friendly Panda head ornament with us:


My panda heads are made from ecospun felt which is vegan and made from recycled plastic. I try to use a lot of eco friendly practices in my shop which may not be obvious. I constantly use my fabric scraps, I re-use paper for creating all my patterns, everything gets walked to the PO (I have no car) and I am hoping to start using more upcycled fabrics soon.


SET YOUR ALARMS FOR SHORTLY AFTER MIDNIGHT!! The EtsyVeg Earthly Riches Giveaway starts tomorrow!! Please check back on the EtsyVeg blog tomorrow for full rules and details!! And Happy Earth Day, thanks for following along with our Earth Day Challenge fun :)

2 comments:

JulieWebb Photography+Design said...

Love the sound of Erin's soap and Lisa's pandas get me every time! This has been a awesome series Kelle, well done. Thanks team for your commitment to being eco-friendly and for making EtsyVeg such a fabulous place to be! :)

Jeanne Selep said...

I heard about this site on the etsy earth day forum http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6126070 Post comments there. This website is beautiful.