Friday, April 17, 2009

EtsyVeg Earth Day Challenge - Day 3

ONLY FIVE DAYS UNTIL EARTH DAY!!

Today's wonderful items will take you right to the sea! Wouldn't it be great to enjoy the world's open waters this weekend?

palafoxstudio23:






Valerie from Palafoxstudio23 creates one of a kind jewelry, much of which is created from recycled materials! She chose her gorgeous recycled bracelet of blue glass to feature in our Earth Day Challenge. This is what she has to say about it:




Made from copper that my person pulled from an old house in need of an electrical upgrade, the glass is scrap from my mom (she does stained glass windows), also it comes packaged in a cute handmade box that's made from old cereal boxes.


Aguavino:

Lynn from Aguavino also sells a wide variety of items made from recycled materials in her shop, including: jewelry, greeting cards, photo tiles, light switch covers, and the adorable recycled coil basket featured here. This is what Lynn had to say about the item she chose for the challenge:


This coil basket is made from 100% recycled materials-- secondhand cotton yarn from a thrift store and reclaimed wire from an old, non-functioning chandelier that I recently disassembled. I chose the colors Blue and Green to represent the colors of the Earth.


Being "green" is very important to me, and I always use some element of recycled/eco-friendly materials in all of my products--random found objects, thrift store and garage sale treasures, "free" items from Craig's List, "waste" products from recycling bins, and used building supplies from my favorite secondhand store of all-- "The Re-Store". In addition, all of my orders are always shipped using recycled packing supplies. I work right next door to the Post Office, so I always ship packages on days that I work, so as not to make a special trip.


Don't forget, EtsyVeg will be starting our Earthly Riches Hide and Seek Giveaway on Earth Day! Lynn of Aguavino will be giving away a $25 gift certificate to her shop! And that's just ONE of the many prizes!

2 comments:

EtsyVeg said...

Wow- I love both pieces! Awesome work, Valerie and Lynn! :)

panda with cookie said...

Great choices today!