Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Hungry Vegetarian

Carrot Ginger Dressing (vegan)

First of all, today's my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

I keep home-made dressing in a used, cleaned salad dressing or ketchup container so it'll squirt better. (My boyfriend thinks the ketchup thing is gross.)

Ingredients:
1 cup carrots
1 shallot
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tbsp. vegetable and/or sesame oil
2 tbsp. miso paste
1 tbsp. fresh ginger
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. soy sauce

Directions:
Puree everything in a mixer or food processor. Good to go.

Recipe by FriendlyTaco of Chiyogami Creations.

8 comments:

purplecat said...

Happy Birthday :)

Love, Luca said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!! This dressing sounds delish!!

NYCrochet said...

Is this anything like the stuff you get on salads at Japanese restaurants? Because if it is, I'm all over it!

silentlotuscreations said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Meredith! *hugs* Hope your day is wonderful. :)

claynfiber said...

Happy Birthday! I hope someone cooks up something special for YOU today! Thanks for all the Hungry Vegetarian recipes.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!!

Sounds yummy.. thanks for the recipe. :)

Kelle's Kitchen said...

Yay! Happy birthday, Meredith! I might try this recipe for my BF - he loves home made dressing!

Meredith said...

Yep, it's just like at the Japanese restaurant. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!