Monday, February 2, 2009

Member 'Pet of the Week' with ChickScratch


MEET EUREKA
(companion of Beth of ChickScratch)

Beth writes:
This is Eureka. He was abandoned by his mom when he was about 3 weeks old. I went out for an early morning walk, and when I came home there was a tiny damp sock on my lawn (my apartment was near the laundry room). I went to pick it up, thinking that I should probably bring it to the laundry room or just toss it, when the "sock" rolled over and said "mew". I thought, "Eureka! It's a cat!" and my heart was his. I took him in, warmed him up, bottle fed him. At the time I worked backstage theatre as a dresser - Eureka lived in my apron for a while, so he could get his feedings on schedule. He's 11 now, fat and sassy, and very independent.




Thanks for letting me brag!

6 comments:

Lo Christine said...

So cute and what a sweet story!!

giantblackcat said...

Awww, he reminds me of my Kizzy. I have so many stories of finding kittens, or them finding me. Growing up, we tended to collect cats this way. I sometimes wonder if cats have an instinct that puts them in the paths of people who will love and care for them.

Jennifer and Steve said...

He reminds me so much of one of our kitties that moved on this past summer. Thanks so much for sharing.

panda with cookie said...

He is lovely.

Kelle's Kitchen said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE him!! What a great story, thanks for sharing :)

Heather said...

How sweet! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story. Best, Heather :)