Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Hungry Vegetarian

No Lettuce Salad (vegan)

Because there's no lettuce in this salad, it'll keep longer, even with salad dressing on it.

Ingredients:
1 big cucumber
2 plum tomatoes
1 can whole olives
1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas)

Directions:
Use a vegetable peeler to slice "speed marks" up the sides of the cucumber before slicing it into rounds. Cube and seed the tomatoes. Drain the olives and garbanzo beans, and combine everything together.

If this sounds boring, add a little feta cheese.

I like to put all the ingredients together in a plastic container, add dressing, and shake! Stay tuned -- next week I'll give you my recipe for carrot/ginger dressing.

Recipe by FriendlyTaco of Chiyogami Creations.

3 comments:

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Okay, now this sounds delish! I'm not vegan but this will be one for me to try soon. Thanks!

Found you through Twitter! :)

Heather said...

Yummy!! I love salads like this without the lettuce!

Making me hungry now! Heather :)

Kelle's Kitchen said...

I only eat cucumbers if they have speed marks.

Ha ha ;-)

Delish recipe, thanks for sharing!