Thursday, January 15, 2009

Interview with MySecretCloset

Part of an ongoing interview series profiling EtsyVeg members.
Interview presentation by Kylie of
SilentLotus

Meet Veronica of Etsy's MySecretCloset



Veronica's shop is the perfect representation of an eye for the classic and a flair for fashion- a combination of fun, bold and timeless style, and pure vintage fabulosity!

What do you sell in your Etsy shop?

I sell vintage clothing, accessories, and other vintage findings. Sometimes my findings are made up of animal products. It is important to me to find someone who will treasure these items, rather than them being trashed. It gives these items a second chance, and new items made with animal products are not being purchased.

What are your creative inspirations?

My creative inspirations are all of the fabulous artists on Etsy. I used to feel like a righty born with two left hands, but since I’ve been on Etsy, I am continuously experimenting with new crafts.

What would you like to try to make, that you haven’t made already?

Everything and anything! My sewing machine has been in the closet for years, but I finally got it to the repair shop and it should be home any day. I’ve been planning on doing a little upcycling. For Channukah, I received a knitting kit, so that is also another project on my list.

Do you have any other hobbies/interests/passions?

Roller skating. I love to skate. I may not be the best skater, but I’m always smiling when I fall down.

How long have you been on Etsy, and are you an Etsy addict?

I first found out about Etsy in late 2006, and became a buyer in early 2007. I’ve been an addict ever since.

How long have you been vegan/vegetarian? How does being veg play into the rest of your life?

I’ve been a vegetarian pretty much since second grade. My mom had a woman from work stay with us, and she was vegan. She decided that we should give it a shot. I’ve been some sort of vegetarian since, except for a short period in my late teen years. I try not to let being vegetarian affect my everyday life. All of my roommates eat meat, so I try to joke with them about it. I’m always thought of at mealtime. Every meat-eater in my life definitely caters to my dietary needs, and I’m totally spoiled.


All of the girls in this photograph but one
are wearing clothing/accessories from
mysecretcloset .


2 comments:

JulieWebb Photography+Design said...

Nice to read your interview Veronica. Oh, and those shoes are awesome! :)

panda with cookie said...

I love these interview features. It's nice to learn more about team members and see their stores.