Monday, September 8, 2008

Interview with Asacco9642

Part of an ongoing interview series profiling EtsyVeg members.
Interview by Kylie of
SilentLotus

Meet Amanda
of Etsy's Asacco9642 (a.k.a. "Vegan Propamanda")

Amanda specializes in delectable vegan deliciousness. Her shop feedback is full of raves about her creative talents, fed by a true love of baking. The pictures of her goodies speak for themselves...

Q. What do you sell in your Etsy shop?

Vegan baked goods. Mostly cookies, but occasionally brownies and bars.


Q. What are your creative inspirations?

Any kind of cookie that I was a fan of pregan [prior to becoming vegan], I try to make a vegan version.


Q. What other artistic tendencies do you have? Do you have other crafty/artsy skills that you already do or would like to try?

I also really like photography, sewing, and knitting. I don't have a lot of patience, so things like drawing and painting always seem to make me kind of nuts. I would love to be able to draw well, though.

Q. What would you like to try to make, that you haven't already? What is your dream project?

I would love to have more patience with candy. Kit Kats... Three Musketeers... those are on my list.

Q. Do you have any other hobbies/interests/passions?


I read. A lot. I like taking pictures and going on road trips. I love knitting, and I wish I had the time and money to just knit all day long.


Q. What is the last recipe you made? What are your food vices or cravings?

I made scrambled tofu with greens and yams for dinner last night. It's a tester recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's new brunch book. It's was so easy and so yummy! I go through phases with cravings. Lately, I've been wanting cream soda floats. For a while last summer, I put
avocados on everything. I really like having hot chocolate made with rice milk before bed. Even when it's hot and humid, I need my hot chocolate.

Q. What is your favorite vegan/vegetarian store/restaurant/blog/website?

Store: Herbivore!

Restaurant: Candle 79. mmmm... piccata...

Blog: there are so many vegan blogs now... i guess i read "Get Sconed!" with the most consistency. Jess is awesome.

Website: the ppk

2 comments:

Laura Bucci said...

It looks so good, especially the first pic! It's hard to read this and not be tempted!

IsaChandra said...

Yay amanda!